Goldsmiths, University of London

From LGBT Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
Goldsmiths coat of arms
Goldsmiths, University of London is a college within the University of London. It was founded in 1891 as Goldsmiths' Technical and Recreative Institute, and became part of the University of London, as Goldsmiths' College, in 1904. It occupies a campus at New Cross in the London Borough of Lewisham.

In 1977 the Gaysoc at the College held a Gay Rights week [1]. In 2017 a M.A. in Queer History was offered as a course [2]

Alumni and staff

Flyer for Gay Rights Week 1977 (LSE HCA Photo by Dr C Williams)
Back of flyer 1977 (LSE HCA Photo by Dr C Williams)


  1. Flyer in LSE HCA
  2. . (accessed 11 June 2023