Croydon Trans Group
From LGBT Archive
Croydon, South London, for local trans people. It was founded in 2002, building on a previous group that had been meeting locally since 2000. The group met monthly in a local pub (originally the Bird in Hand). Some members used to visit the Fountain, Handcross before it closed.
The group’s logo incorporated the trans flag.
Notable achievements by the group include:
- participation with Aurora in the work that led to the publication of the Which Loo document in 2003
- a special event as part of LGBT History Month in 2010 commemorating Croydon-born Roberta Cowell.
In 2014 the group was relaunched as TransPALS.
- http://www.croydontrans.org.uk/transhistory.shtml. Accessed: 2015-07-31. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6aQccpGCY)
- http://www.croydontrans.org.uk/roberta.shtml. Accessed: 2015-07-31. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6aQcjakRw)
- http://www.croydontrans.org.uk/marriage-consultation.shtml. Accessed: 2015-07-31. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6aQdHycXe)