From LGBT Archive
The original Chariots, also known as Chariots Shoreditch, claimed to be the UK's largest gay sauna, and included a swimming pool as well as the usual facilities. It was severely damaged by fire in March 2011, but subsequently re-opened. It closed permanently in February 2016, as the site is to be redeveloped. Other branches have been at:
- Waterloo (to be demolished)
- Limehouse (now Sailors Sauna)
- Streatham (closed suddenly in February 2016)
- http://www.gaysauna.co.uk/ (Dead link)
- ↑ http://hackneypost.co.uk/2011/03/24/men-in-towels-flee-gay-sauna-after-fire/
- ↑ http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/04/londons-biggest-gay-sauna-to-be-demolished-to-make-way-for-a-luxury-hotel-5662225/ Ashitha Nagesh, "London’s biggest gay sauna to be demolished to make way for a luxury hotel". Metro, 4 February 2016
- ↑ http://www.timeout.com/london/nightlife/chariots-what-it-was-like-working-at-britains-biggest-gay-sauna. Mr Blanche DuBois, "Chariots RIP: what it was like working at Britain’s biggest gay sauna". TimeOut, 29 February 2016. Accessed: 2016-03-08. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6frPIDy2o)
- ↑ "London gay sauna Chariots Waterloo is set to be demolished" Attitude, 5 April 2017.
- ↑ http://boards.gaybod.com/discus/messages/10206/35515.html?1455727741. Accessed: 2016-03-08.