Roman Catholic Church
There are separate Roman Catholic hierarchies for the different countries of the United Kingdom:
- England and Wales: five provinces: Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Southwark and Westminster, each with its own archbishop. The Archbishop of Westminster is the President of the Bishops' Conference.
- Scotland: two provinces: St Andrews and Edinburgh, and Glasgow.
- Ireland: four provinces: Armagh, Cashel, Dublin and Tuam. The province of Armagh corresponds roughly to the old province of Ulster. It includes the whole of Northern Ireland and part of the Irish Republic.
Catholics for AIDS Prevention and Support (CAPS) was founded by Martin Pendergast as a successor to Catholic AIDS Link. It pro0motes Positive Catholics, a peer support network of people living with HIV who have a Christian faith.
Called to be One is a national pastoral and mutual support network for Roman Catholic parents of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual People.
EnCourage is the UK chapter of Courage International, a Roman Catholic apostolate which encourages lesbian and gay people to live a life of penance and chastity.
Quest is an organisation for gay, lesbian and bisexual Roman Catholics, founded in 1974.
- L’Annuario Pontificio 2015 e l’ “Annuarium Statisticum Ecclesiae” 2013, 16.04.2015
- http://www.prct.org.uk/downloads/research/18-table-1-2011-2012-statistics-of-rc-population-fourth-draft-1/file Table 1 2011 2012 statistics of RC population fourth draft by the Pastoral Research Centre Trust, an independent research organization
- http://www.scotlandscensus.gov.uk/documents/censusresults/release2a/rel2asbtable7.pdf Table 7 – Religion, Scotland, 2001 and 2011 by the Scottish Census2011
- http://www.scotlandscensus.gov.uk/documents/censusresults/release2a/scotland/KS209SCb.pdf "Scotland's Census 2011" – Table KS209SCb