Her regular newspaper articles in The Guardian have often highlighted feminist issues and opposition to the sex industry. In 1991 she co-founded Justice For Women, which opposes violence against women from a feminist viewpoint.
She has attracted considerable opposition from trans groups for her views on transsexualism, for instance her 2004 Guardian article "Gender benders beware".
- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/30/gender.uk1 Rachel Cooke "Snap decisions", The Guardian 30 January 2001.
- http://www.thecnj.com/camden/2008/081408/gulliver081408.html Article in Camden New Journal
- The Sunday Times May 23 2021 ;Gay website 'claimed anti-trans feminists groom and abuse'
- https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/3/18/jeffrey-marsh-is-wrong-and-feminists-wont-be-bullied Published 18 March 2023
- https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/6/23/feminism-should-focus-on-reality-not-narcissistic-fantasy Published 23 June 2023