is a village in the Central Bedfordshire
district of Bedfordshire
, mainly known for the university.
was formed in 1946 as the College of Aeronautics, on the former Royal Air Force base of RAF Cranfield, which opened in 1937. It became a university in 1969 and adopted its present name in 1993. There is a second campus (formerly the Royal Military College of Science) at Shrivenham, in the Vale of White Horse
district of Oxfordshire