From LGBT Archive
He went to school in Reigate and then Caterham. During the 1990s he founded Von Essen Hotels, which acquired a large number of country house hotels, notably including Cliveden in Buckinghamshire.
He was listed number 82 in the Pink List 2010. The citation said:
- "Andrew Davis is rightly proud of his Von Essen Hotels group which was ranked by PricewaterhouseCoopers as one of the fastest-growing British companies this year. It has 31 hotels including the recently opened Hotel Verta at the London Heliport in Battersea."
In 2011 the company went into administration, and many of the hotels were then sold off.
Davis's partner is Andrew Onraet, they have lived together since 1998. Prior to that, Davis appears to have married once, though he is now divorced. He is the father of a teenage son.
- "At one stage he had a girlfriend called Kate Hatcher, with whom he has a son called Jocelyn Hatcher-Davis, 18, now a student at Leeds Metropolitan University. But now, Davis Senior lives in Knightsbridge with Andrew Onraet — known as ‘the architect’ — who was Creative Director of Von Essen Hotels before the administrators put paid to his services."
- This article is a stub. You can help the UK LGBT History Project by expanding it.
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/the-iiosi-pink-list-2010-2040472.html
- ↑ http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-13108110-losing-at-monopoly.do "Losing at Monopoly?" Evening Standard 10 September 2004
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007900/The-star-fantasist-claims-Lord-wealthier-Queen-bankrupt-hotel-empire.html#ixzz2qC4AfJ4i