London LGBT Pledge
From LGBT Archive
Revision as of 12:56, 11 February 2016 by Ross Burgess
LGBT Consortium whereby borough councils, health bodies, police services and transport services across London are encouraged to highlight their commitment to equalities specifically for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans service users.
The pledge values are as follows:
- We will commit to listening and responding to the needs of our regional or borough lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans networks, ensure the needs are met, and strive to set up an effective network if one does not already exist.
- We will always assess the impact and suitability of policies, strategic commitments, tenders and service commissions on lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans individuals.
- We will actively invite people from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans communities to take part in local decision-making and community forums, and monitor the attendance of LGB&T individuals.
- We will communicate regularly with London’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans communities, both through our own media channels and through lgbtlondon.com.
- http://www.lgbtlondon.com/pledge (dead link; archive version available at https://web.archive.org/web/20130709063610/http://www.lgbtlondon.com/pledge.