St Catherine's College, Oxford
college membership. The Delegacy's students,began meeting as St Catherine's Club named after its meeting place in a hall on Catte Street. The Club was officially recognised by the University in 1931 as St Catherine's Society. It was thus developing the characteristics of a college, and in 1956 the Delegates decided to formalise this change in status. It was re-founded as St Catherine's College on a new site in 1962.
Alumni and staff
- http://www.oxfordhistory.org.uk/broad/buildings/east/hertford/29.html "Former octagonal chapel 29 Broad Street, Oxford" oxfordhistory.org.uk website}}
- http://www.stcatz.ox.ac.uk/the_college_pages/brief_college_history.htm "College History" St. Catherines College website, archived at https://web.archive.org/20061109231241/http://www.stcatz.ox.ac.uk:80/the_college_pages/brief_college_history.htm as at 9 November 2006.