Norfolk LGBT History Society
From LGBT Archive
Revision as of 22:25, 5 December 2013 by Ross Burgess
Norfolk. It holds meetings about once a month, and a large number of events during LGBT History Month in February each year.
The aims of the Society are:
- To promote a wider understanding, within Norfolk of the history of LGBT individuals and communities, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- To collaborate with others to research and celebrate LGBT history including the holding of LGBT History Month each February in Norfolk; and to promote an understanding of the part(s) played by LGBT people in wider historical contexts.
- To promote within the local LGBT community a better knowledge and understanding of our own histories and their significance.
- To promote and support a culture in Norfolk which supports and encourages wider acceptance and understanding of LGBT people via education and learning.
- http://www.lgbthistorymonthnorfolk.org.uk/minutes.htm website
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/lgbthm/ Facebook
- This article is a stub. You can help the UK LGBT History Project by expanding it.