From LGBT Archive
Revision as of 18:03, 25 July 2013 by Ross Burgess (Created page with "'''LGBT Bristol''' is the brand name of the '''Bristol LGBT Forum'''. It was established in 1994, and is a charity, mainly funded by Bristol City Council.<ref name=about>h...")
Its main activities include:
- challenging homophobia and transphobia in Bristol and the wider community
- publicising information about local and national LGBT support groups
- promoting services, events and social groups targeted at local LGBT
- providing a platform for Forum members and LGBT communities to influence local consultations and policy making
- working with statutory agencies (Police, Fire Service, NHS, Local Authorities, etc) to ensure they comply with equality guidelines.