From LGBT Archive
Leicester Square was an elegantly upmarket bar frequented by respectable gentlemen and aspirational chorus boys. The Leicester Square area of the West End was the focus of gay venues during the 1920s, before being pushed out to Piccadilly Circus.
In late 1925 the Cavour was taken over by the consortium which owned the Café de Paris, and renamed the Café Anglais. The site is now the Chiquito Mexican restaurant/bar.