The principles address:
- rape and other forms of gender-based violence
- extrajudicial executions
- torture and other forms of cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment
- medical abuses
- repression of free speech and assembly
- discrimination in work, health, education, housing, access to justice, and immigration.
The experts launching the principles include a former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, as well as UN independent experts, members of UN treaty bodies, judges, activists, and academics.
http://www.yogyakartaprinciples.org/ official website, with links to full text of the Principles
- http://www.hrw.org/news/2007/03/25/yogyakarta-principles-milestone-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-rights Human Rights Watch article, "‘Yogyakarta Principles’ a Milestone for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights"