He was an activist for the Paris branch of ACT UP, and co-founded Les Putes, a Paris-based group defending sex workers' rights. and became a member of the board of the French sex workers trade union Syndicat du travail sexuel (STRASS) responsible for international relations.
Schaffauser co-authored Fières d'être putes (with Maîtresse Nikita, 2007). He appeared in a few porn films produced by Eurocreme and Triga Films and was the winner of the Erotic Award in 2010. Schaffauser is also one of the organisers of Hackney Pride, a LGBT event that gathered 1,000 persons in East London. In spring 2011, Schaffauser as Chair of Out East initiated controversy around the East End Gay Pride, calling for the cancellation of the demonstration which according to him could raise unnecessary tension between Muslim and LGBT communities, and denounced the link between some organisers of the march and the English Defense League.
- http://www.lecourant.info/spip.php?article2129%7C Marc de Boni, "Putes, et fières de l’être" lecourant 22 March 2009 (in French)
- http://site.strass-syndicat.org/2009/12/a-new-team-for-strass/ "A new team for STRASS" 8 December 2009
- http://www.erotic-awards.co.uk/sexworkermale.shtml%7C "2010 finalists: Sex Worker, male", Erotic Awards
- http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/hundreds_join_together_in_hackney_pride_march_against_hate_1_624072 "Hundreds join together in hackney pride" Hackney gazette
- http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/03/14/open-letter-to-the-organisers-of-east-end-gay-pride "Open Letter to the organisers of East End Gay pride" Pink News
- http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/thierry-schaffauser "Profile: Thierry Schaffauser", The Guardian 5 February 2010