Stonewall Awards 2012
The Stonewall Awards for 2012]] were held on 1 November, with the award of "Bigot of the Year" to Cardinal Keith O'Brien drawing protest from the Catholic Church in Scotland, of which he was head. Criticism of the bigot award from the winner of the Politician of the Year award, Ruth Davidson, lead to her being "booed off-stage".
- Publication of the Year: Gay Star News
- Politician of the Year: Ruth Davidson
- Stonewall Sports Award: Rugby Football League
- Writer of the Year: Jeanette Winterson
- Bigot of the Year: Cardinal Keith O'Brien
- Journalist of the Year: Hugo Rifkind and Owen Jones
- Entertainer of the Year: Sue Perkins
- Stonewall Community Group of the Year: East London Out Project
- Broadcast of the Year: Britain's Got Talent
- Hero of the Year: Giles Fraser
- http://www.stonewall.org.uk/what_you_can_do/events/2595.asp "Stonewall Awards 2012"
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-20175530 "Storm over Stonewall's Cardinal Keith O'Brien 'bigot' award". BBC News, 2 November 2012
- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/02/catholic-stonewall-bigot-keith-obrien Severin Carrell, "Catholic leaders furious at Stonewall's 'bigot' award for Cardinal Keith O'Brien", The Guardian, 2 November 2012
- http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/11/02/scottish-tory-leader-booed-at-stonewall-awards/ Scott Roberts, "Scottish Tory Leader booed at Stonewall Awards". Pink News, 2 November 2012.