The novelist John Hampson lived in Dorridge, a village in Solihull.
Pride in our Past is a project organised by Solihull Council to discover and record the LGBT experience of life in the borough, in both the recent and historical past. The project organised an exhibition in Solihull Central Library & Arts Complex for LGBT History Month, February 2013.
- http://blgbt.org/downloads/solihull%20report%20final%20version.pdf Your Views Count report by Birmingham LGBT Community Trus
- http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corporate/wccweb.nsf/Links/C3B4A6DE45031EA38025786200389F50/$file/OutinPublicSeminarReport2010.pdf Out in Public Seminar Report
- http://www.solihull.gov.uk/heritage/28722.htm Pride in our Past: LGBT history in Solihull Solihull Borough Council
- http://solihullheritage.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hlsnews&action=display&thread=321 Solihull Heritage Forum
- http://www.j4usolihull.co.uk/gaysol/ GaySol website
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Solihull-Outpost-Local-LGBT-Social-Group/250935554926294 Solihull Outpost page on Facebook
- http://web.archive.org/web/20110712145345/http://www.lgbtconsortium.org.uk/directory List of groups on the Consortium Directory as at 12 July 2011, archived on the Internet Archive, showing a link to the Solihull LGBT Network. The page relating to the Network is not preserved on the archive, and it had disappeared from the list in later snapshots on the archive.