- To tackle homophobia in sport and promote the inclusion of LGBTs in national sports strategy and delivery in the UK
- To support the growth of a vibrant UK wide LGBT sports community through the development of a National LGBT Sports Network
- To deliver and grow the Pride Games sports festival annually and to maintain its position as the UK’s premier LGBT multisport festival using Pride Games as a pillar event for a EuroGames
- To increase opportunities for participation in sport by LGBT young people, promoting sport as an attractive lifestyle alternative to the commercial gay scene
- To ensure all projects and activities are inclusive of all sections of the LGBT community and target need where it is greatest (for example for those living with and affected by HIV)
New Groups Start Ups
Pride Sports targets two new group start ups each year, using Pride Games as an achor event and driver. more ..
Positively Healthy is an innovative project aiming to increase physical activity and sports engagement by people with HIV.
Activ8 works young people, offering football coaching. It works closely with LGBT Youth North West and has been a key delivery partner for V-inspired targets and helped set up the annual LGBT Youth Games.
Each year has a range of volunteer opportunities from simple tasks to complex projects.
Each year, Pride Sports runs and is involved in much community activity, reaching thousands of people every year.
- Pride Games
- Positively Healthy
- Active 8
- Out & Active
- Pride Games Community Sports Awards
- All Stars Sports Coaching
The Co-operative Group www.co-op.co.uk sponsored the foundation of Pride Sports and Co-operatives UK provided professional guidance and support www.cooperatives-uk.coop
The Social Investment Almanack 2009, a guide for budding entrepreneurs