Marquis of Granby
Of particular interest are:
The Marquis of Granby, Soho
142 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2. The address was formerly given as 19 West Street. The pub was established in 1791 and rebuilt in its present form in 1886.
The Marquis of Granby, Fitzrovia
"In Fitzrovia,just north of Oxford Street, there was a cluster of pubs – the Bricklayers Arms, the Wheatsheaf, the Marquis of Granby and the Fitzroy Tavern – which if not quite as queer as the Running Horse or the Cavour in Leicester Square were bohemian enough to accommodate 'the fringe of the gay worlds'."