Limelight

From LGBT Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
Former Limelight Club (Charing Cross Road frontage).
The Limelight Club was a nightclub on two floors of a former Welsh Presbyterian Church in Charing Cross Road and Shaftesbury Avenue, Soho, built in 1888 by James Cubitt. Its Sunday afternoon tea dances were poular with gay people in the 1990s. It was later taken over by the Australian "Walkabout" pub chain.

In December 2010, after lying empty, it was squatted by the Oubliette arts collective.[1]

References

  1. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/basking-in-the-limelight-art-squatters-take-over-superclub-6547710.html