LGF has a wide portfolio of well-established services and a rapidly developing range of new initiatives aimed at meeting the needs of lesbian, gay and bisexual people. It campaigns for a fair and equal society where all lesbian, gay and bisexual people can achieve their full potential. Its mission is: "Ending Homophobia, Empowering People".
- Supporting Individuals: the LGF will support lesbian, gay and bisexual people to increase their skills, knowledge, and self-confidence to improve health and well-being.
- Strengthening Communities: the LGF will work in partnership with others to build a strong, cohesive and influential lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans community sector.
- Promoting Equality: the LGF will promote awareness, visibility and inclusion of lesbian, gay and bisexual people to achieve full equality.
- Developing Excellence: the LGF will continuously develop its people, systems and procedures to deliver and sustain excellence for all of our beneficiaries.
- LGF publishes a bi-monthly magazine, Outnorthwest.http://lgbt.foundation/news-articles/we-are-lgbt-foundation-/. Accessed: 2015-04-27. "WE ARE LGBT FOUNDATION" (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6Y6nphijt)