- This article is about the former group in London. For the current group in Manchester, see Icebreakers Manchester.
Icebreakers was a support group for gay men and lesbians. It was founded in 1973, and ran until about 1984 from premises in Brixton .Micky Burbidge was an active member of Icebreakers. Icebreakers ran a disco at the Prince Albert and then from summer 1979 at the Hemingford Arms in London every Friday evening . Antony Grey (1992) states that Icebreakers was 'an offshoot of the GLF (Gay Liberation Front) anti-psychiatry group.
- This article is a stub. You can help the UK LGBT History Project by expanding it.
- Out of the Shadows, Chapter 15. The start year for Icebreakers is given as 1971 in an article in Mister Vol 3 no 4
- Capital Gay 17 July 1981 listings. Admission was 30p. The disco was held upstairs at the pub. A 12 minute audio recording done at the Hemingford Arms at an Icebreakers disco in 1982 is held at the British Library (Catalogue C586/319)
- Antony Grey (1992) p 181 Quest for Justice; Towards Homosexual Emancipation (Sinclair-Stevenson;London) ISBN 1 85619 155 9