She was born in Hamilton and studied politics at the University of Stirling. She has since been studying for an LLB degree in Law at the University of Glasgow. She then spent a few years living and working in Brighton for the Educational Travel Group.
She was included in the Independent on Sunday's photograph of 28 LGBT MPs and peers.
- "The 28-year-old was the national convener of the SNP’s youth wing before winning Lanark and Hamilton East in 2015. "
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/S14000042 "Lanark & Hamilton East parliamentary constituency - Election 2015" - BBC News'
- 'http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/news/local-headlines/angela-crawley-wins-lanark-seat-from-jim-hood-1-3766951 Ross Thomson, "Angela Crawley wins Lanark seat from Jim Hood", Carluke Gazette, 8 May 2015
- http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/women-and-equalities-committee/membership/ "Women and Equalities Committee - members", House of Commons, 8 July 2015}
- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/gay-mps-the-photograph-that-shows-westminsters-attitude-towards-lgbt-politicians-is-changing-a6886771.html Mark Leftly, "Gay MPs: The photograph that shows Westminster's attitude towards LGBT politicians is changing", 20 February 2016